Tuesday, October 30, 2007

...Thin Gray Line...

Alrite, alrite - I shall admit it...

Yours truly, the rabid cow is a sucker for... yeap - you guessed it...

Fairytales
Indeed, I think I have a remarkable appetite for fairytales and a remarkable capacity to want to believe in them.

It was rather unsettling - as you know most 26 year olds usually consider themselves beyond the age of fairytales... but I have had almost 8 hours to think about it as I travelled between Paris and KL just earlier today (yes - I am back in KL).

Flying Singapore Airlines for the 1st time in yonks - I was treated to the new Krisworld entertainment system (which is miles better than MAS Select!!!) of which I happen to choose the movie "Stardust"

It was a simple tale - one of which I could predict the ending from a mile away... a story of a hapless hero becoming a seasoned prince in shining armour, falling in love (not with the lady he intended to marry) with a heroine-damsel in distress... escaping from evil princes, dark witches... running into honourable buccaneers... with magic, warped realities and falling stars thrown in with equal measure...

In all honesty, the simple story somehow affected me deeply. The clear delineation between evil and good - no grey areas, just black and white that is ever present in fairytales seems to appeal to me at the moment (or rather all my life).

It is this almost far-fetched simplicity that makes fairytales... not the unicorns, flying ships or hidden princes... not the beautiful princesses, perpetually honourable handsome princes and impossibly tall palaces and castles. The essence of fairytales that set them apart from reality is the fact that good and evil are so tangible and clear cut. Reality is so much different - half of the time I question whether my actions, be it at work, in my family, in romance and relationships are right or wrong... it seems that my life is painted more grey than anything else, with murder, pillage and plunder the black band on the far end, prayer, church and respect the white bar on the other end.

Watching this refreshingly simple tale made me wish and pray that one day that the life I choose to live will have more black and more white - with only a Thin Grey Line seperating them. That this confusion I seem to be always in on recent days be in the past.

*sigh* Fairytales...
If only...



If only life was that simple.

and everyone can live... Happily Ever After

The above pic is actually taken in my office of one of my 'castles' to test out my new 50mm lenses :)

No comments: