Thursday, July 20, 2006

Picking up the pen?

"it is once said that life is a long train journey... all of us clutching a class 2 ticket between our thumb and our index finger. The journey can be ardous, it can be monotonous, it can be... tiring and trying - the aircon breaks down... or a particularly beautiful lady will deign to sit beside your hard seat for a little while. A journey punctuated by train stations - where the people you have contact with in your carriage gets on and off..."

Woken out of my reverie by the calling of my name (by the nice barista behind the counter @ Starbucks in Plaza Damas - 20:20 hours on the 20th of July 2006), I wondered thereafter who actually said that - only to have a sudden realisation that I wrote that similar passage for my high school yearbook - not in similar words but rather the entire idea of our life being a train ride - with stations to punctuated the journey - stations with names like "Going to High School", "Leaving High School", "1st Love" and "1st breakup"... I just have to smile at myself...

It has been almost 10 years since I passed the station I mentioned all those years ago - since 1997 - and I wondered what other stations have I passed thru to get to where I am today... "Going to A Levels", "Graduating A Levels", "1st Date", "1st Prom", "University", "Accepting Christ", "3 year long obsession", "end of 3 year long obsession", "Love...", "Be Loved...", "Leaving Australia", "Homecoming..." and many many more little ones in between...

I can't help but to realise what a big web my life has been... my 'train' crisscrossing the landscape that is humanity - and I cannot realise how much has everyone... and God have given me...

I am truly awed...

and besides - it was that moment that I remembered this portal of expression of His goodness *grin* and I shall pick up the pen once again... hopefully this time it will stay in my hands for a long time...

No comments: