Saturday, July 22, 2006

Memoirs of a Homegrown Roadside Terrorist...

No... Contrary to what you are thinking at the moment - I am not about to pick up a bomb and rush into the nearest western hotel to blow it up...

Although the very picture of an Oversized, Malaysian Chinese Christian Terrorist sounds so out of this world that it makes me crack up...

I am talking about my Driving... or rather the Terror in my driving.

My frens - who I shall decline to name - have been telling me that my driving is getting quite bad... but 1st let me regale you the tale of 1 glorious morning of driving in KL...

My work place is in an industrial area about an hour from my abode. As such I have to get thru 4 highways.. actually 5 highway stretches of which sits an infinite number of fellow malaysian drivers - being a long and often boring journey I decided to take statistics... for that particular day...

1) 12 cars cut into my lane without an indication
2) 26 cars refused to allow me into their lane even when I have set up my indicator
3) On 7 occasions cars hogged the fast lane (i.e. travel really slowly and refusing to move to an empty slower lane

which make me do the following

1) Speed up 12 times denied 12 cars from entering my lane without indication
2) Accelerated over 26 cars once I hit a clear stretch of road
3) On 7 occasions I switched lanes and overtake from the left - twice swinging across 2 lanes...

Hmmmm....
I think I am getting a wee too much on defensive aggressive driving

No comments: