Friday, May 11, 2007

Princes of Darkness... BEGONE!

Never was I this angry in a long while already... After all the years my family has contributed to temples - temple politics come to play @ grandma's funeral...

No idea what to make of it... it started like this - an 'abbot' of a temple in Penang of which my mum is a major contributor was supposed to come to 'pray' @ grandma's funeral but he is not totally free - he can't make it on Sat & Sunday... so another 'abbot' - this time from another temple of which my family is closely associated with offered to come on both days...

I can see that the family would be overjoyed - but when the 1st 'abbot' heard that the 2nd 'abbot' is coming - he said that now he is busy and is not coming. It appears that both temples have a vendetta or some crap like that... then the 2nd 'abbot' said that he better not come as it may cause another rift or some crap like that... So in the end - no 'abbot's are coming and the 2nd temple sent some others here to 'pray'... so in essence, both temples have left my grieving family to hang out dry over 'prayers'.

I am very angry - that these idiots dare use my grandma's funeral as a chip in their political game... these monks are truly 'princes of darkness'. Although I have came to the lord - I have nontheless maintained a healthy respect for temples and I have honoured my family's beliefs. From this day onwards - any temple are merely a tourist attraction in my book and I shall no longer abide by my family's donations to them...

No comments: