Friday, May 25, 2007

Old Song, Old Friends & Old Memories

It was a moment of the inane... or rather a moment of inactivity that triggered off a morning song trivia in the conference room... and it was an old old song from the past - I think almost 10 years ago that I can't seem to get out of my head. I brought back old memories & old friends - while I was revelling in the company of my new friend and colleague :)

Here it is... 朋友 (Friends)
For the benefit of my banana friends (you know who you are... and there is a lot of you guys :P) I will put the English translation on the side...

这些年 一个人 (All these years... alone)
风也过 雨也走 (the wind has passed, the rain is gone - basically there were storms)
有过泪 有过错 (there were tears, there were wrongs)
还记得坚持甚麽? (Can you remember what I am fighting for?)

真爱过 才会懂 (With True Love, then you will know...)
会寂寞 会回首 (..the meaning of loneliness, and you will reflect that in the end...)
终有梦 终有你 (there is your dreams, there is you...)
在心中... (in the heart)

朋友一生一起走 (Friends will walk together for a lifetime)
那些日子不再有 (The days of old is no longer here)
一句话 一辈子 (One Word... One Lifetime)
一生情 一杯酒 (Eternal Love... and a cup of wine)

朋友不曾孤单过 (Friends will never be lonely)
一声朋友你会懂 (Once you call out to them you will know)
还有伤 还有痛 (There were injuries... there was pain)
还要走 还有我... (But we will still have to walk... and I am always here)

My translation is rather liberal - but I do think it is more in the spirit of the song... I wonder where have all my old friends gone... friends from ACCF, from Uni, from Student Council, from Taylors, from Cempaka... from Penang, from KL, from Melbourne, from London... where are all of you...

I remember all the good times, and the bad... I remember all the things we did and I will always remember all of you...

*runs off to search hard disk for old pictures - will post them up over the week - so prepare to be embarassed!!!*

No comments: