Wednesday, August 24, 2005

...through the valley of the shadow of death


The past couple of days have been bleak in my eyes...

But nevertheless I remembered one verse that had carried me through all the problems I had had prior to this...

The LORD is my shepherd;
I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:
he leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul:
he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil:
for thou art with me;
thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies:
thou anointest my head with oil;
my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life:
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever

I would not say I am a strong Christian, especially in this homeland of mine... I sometimes put down myself as a 'practical' christian that accepts things he cannot change... A christian willing to accomodate differing opinions, ideals & even religions in a quest to reach out to them... One of the things I realised over the past weekend is that I carry a #!^*load of baggage on my back as well as my heart - and that to truly live as a Christian I must start to lose them.

Another thing I realised is that I have a tendency to put my hopes into something secular and tangible - and not so much in faith and loyalty to the Lord. It is extremely telling when your faith was severely tested.

Mine was.
And the Lord shall prevail...

I personally feel that Malaysia is currently walking in the valley of the shadow of death - but I shall not despair.

I personally feel that our people are living beneath that shadow - but I shall not fear

I wanted a change in Malaysia. I wanted a better world. I wanted a just society. I wanted the easy way out (any more I shall add that I want world peace :P) - but I shall not want

For the LORD is my sheperd.
For He restoreth my soul.
For the LORD shall lead me to the paths of righteousness.
For He is with me.
For His rod and staff comforts me...

FOR THE PREPARES THE TABLE IN FRONT OF MINE ENEMIES...
for the annoints my head with oil...

With His amazing grace, and His faithfulness to his word - SURELY GOODNESS AND MERCY SHALL FOLLOW ME THROUGHOUT MY LIFE...

and I shall unwaveringly dwell in the House of the Lord - forever...

and I shall await the fulfilment of His word - over me, over this land, over this people, over His enemies...
and mark my word - mark His words for their days are numbered - because the cry of Malaysia is great - as was the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah... because the sin of Malaysia is great - as was the sin of Sodom and Gomorrah...

But unlike Sodom and Gomorrah - I can verily say that there are righteous men in this land that shall take up the reins - The Lord shall rain upon Malaysia and upon His Enemies brimstone and fire from the LORD out of heaven - and the land shall go up in smoke - but His amazing grace shall spare this land and its people barring His enemies - and His kingdom shall come...

Now and forever...

No comments: