Monday, August 22, 2005

Dreams & Nightmares


It is amazing how a short period of time can cause such a shift on opinion and feeling. What previously was a symbol of hope and the future now has become a symbol of mockery and of contempt.

A series of events that has happened over the weekend may have irreversably cause a negative change in my heart and my feelings towards an idea that I have held out in hope over the past three years - a Malaysia that is free from corruption, a Malaysia that is changing for the better, a Malaysia of a political class that is subservient to the people it represents...

Recent changes in Malaysia has given me what I thought is a irrepressable hope for the future of the nation I am proud to belong. A nation of which I was certain that the wings of change are coming - a nation where the people will be restored, and wrongs righted...

But it was not to be...
There was no change...
There will be no future...

To anyone out there that actually read this, these are the words of a person whose hopes were invariably crushed. A dark heart remains deep within Malaysia's great achievements, a great pretender still stands amongst the people of this nation...

The flag still sways to the wind... but it is no longer instilling hope for the future - but rather with the mockery of democracy, the mockery of the past

No comments: