Friday, August 19, 2005

...Malaysia

I would not presume to be the most patriotic of men but I do have a deep sense of feeling towards my country... Malaysia


This is my current view from my room in the office - we put up the flags in celebration of Merdeka day later this month.

Looking at it puts me in a reflective mood of the place I grew up in - not a bad place actually. Contrary to popular belief - Malaysia is a free country - or else I would not have become this highly critical nut I am today.

But what is patriotism? is it Malaysia Bolehism? or Nationalism? or any other nation associated ~isms? If we look deep down I think we will see that patriotism is just a deep love for the people, the places and the very idea of Malaysia - multicultural, multiethnic, multireligious, multitypesoffood, multipoliticalparties, multiwawasan and multipatrioticsongs...

*cue on song - Inilah barisan kita......*

Keranamu Malaysia....

No comments: