Monday, August 29, 2005

...dreaming of new cars and hearing of returned cars

Hmmm...

Let me see - I have not managed to get myself a car yet - so at the moment I am currently driving a venerable mercedes benz that belongs to my family... no complaints - hehe - as it is still a damn good car :)

However, I have been dreaming of getting a new car - hopefully by early next year - the choice of the car has yet materialised - tossing between a BMW 3-series, a 2nd hand BMW 5-series or maybe a Mazda RX8 - hmmm :P

The virtues of all the cars are their performance and need I say - attractiveness :) However, some of my friends say I ought to consider my apparent portliness (not in any denial day - it is thoroughly apparent) - says I need 2 get a Harrier or a Tuoreg....

Now talking abour Tuoregs - thats a VW car mind you...
I can't help but noticing VW in the newpapers these couple of months - a company that may potentially enter our nation's industry...

News of a certain former leader's actions and disagreements...
One thought - with all due respect (and I do respect him so), the future beckons, and we walk forward not backwards...
What is past is in the past, and there is no use for the media or the people to dwell on the past and its legacies...

Cars may be returned (as someone has done) and that may enter the front pages... History cannot be returned or rewritten (as I sometimes want to do) - so stop this childishness and move on... it is time for the current and future leaders of this country to lead... powerful hands they may be.

We are not Singapore - there is no senior minister, no minister-mentor and no future minister-ancestor-god-deity...

We are Malaysia and we are 2 days away from our 48th birthday...
It is time to grow up and move from the shadows of our 'bapas' and grow up and move towards our vision - which is still Wawasan 2020...

They did, after all say...
The future is defined by what we do in the present,
The present is defined by what we did in the past...
But let not the past define the present...
for then there shall be no future

No comments: