Friday, April 20, 2007

Today I am a true Malaysian Driver...

Often was the question asked? What makes you a true Malaysian Driver?

Is it the deft touch of the wheel when you swerve through traffic jams? Is it the constant speeding on clear highways at night? Is it getting parking tickets? What about a brush with the law?

The obvious answer is... all of the above!

Today I am now a trueblood Malaysian driver!

I started by swerving in and out of traffic... RM430.00 to get new wheels (of course I am polite and put on the indicator)

Then I speed on highways at night... and in the day... RM150.00 for a speeding ticket

Which was followed by a parking ticket of which I ignore... RM30.00 (this was in PJ btw and I was only 5 minutes late to my car!)

Finally today I feel complete... RM100.00 to be forced to bribe the police (he asked for it!)

Being a true Malaysian DRIVER!!!... Priceless... :P

This is how it went down...
0915 AM: Southern KL-Selangor border... Picked up handphone to call waiting colleague in town around vicinity
0916 AM: Spotted Police
0917 AM: Car was stopped
0918 AM: Police inspects IC and Drivers License and proceed to whip out his summons book
0920AM: Still looking at summons book
0922 AM: "Encik, you tahu tak sekarang you akan kena RM300 untuk saman?"
0922 AM: *pause*
0923 AM: "Yes sir... I know - sorry, so how can I pay saman ini?
0924 AM: *pause*
0925 AM: "Sekarang pun boleh... you kerja mana?"
0925 AM: "Around here - picking up colleague saja - sorry - rushing for time"
0926 AM: "Ok... Ikut saya"
0927 AM: Follows Police into back lane behind a couple of shops... cue onlookers... cue chirping birds. Stops...
0930 AM: "Ok tuan..." writes down name and address on blank paper... looks really busy... onlookers look away
0933 AM: "Tuan nak saya bantu tak? Berapa? Senang sahaja... I boleh ambil you punya saman now... 1st time? RM 100 boleh..."
0934 AM: Whips out wallet and gave him RM100
0935 AM: "Ok - next time jangan ok?" returns license and IC... smiles... get on bike... zooms off...
0936 AM: Becomes true blood Malaysian driver...
0937 AM: Picks up colleague
0940 AM: Feels guilty to have been forced to bribe a law enforcement officer
0941 AM: Curse Malaysia
0942 AM: Decides to go back to Australia
0943 AM: Decides to stay back in Malaysia... hey... Malaysia! Apa-apa pun Boleh!!!!

No comments: