Saturday, April 21, 2007

Breakfast @ Vernony's


After the lameness of the above title - I have no choice but to further this totally pointless activity...

I love V for Vendetta... It was one of the most interesting movie I have watched recently - and of all things this line - of which V spewed out during his 1st contact with Evey...

"But on this most auspicious of nights, permit me then... to suggest the character of this dramatis persona.

Viola! In view a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is it vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished.

However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin van-guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition.

The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.

Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honour to meet you and you may call me V."

This is probably one of my favourite move line sequences of all time… and one that some emulation would be really fun…

YES - I TOOK the TIME to write THIS... :P

So I verily say to you that on this most rainless of days, permit me then – your most rabid of cows – to suggest the events of this morning’s rampant rampage of ravenous humans upon poor bacon rashers rinds and all…

This rambunctious demolition of rations, however, is not a mere random event of rapid consumption without thought of its ramifications; it is rather a rigorous practice of a rare and relaxing act – a release shall we say, a refreshment from the regulated rituals of our daily grind – that from hence forth need to be religiously celebrated with regularity.

The only reason for caution therefore is to remember the need for rest and reclination after today’s ravishment - a moment of retreat shall we say of our raging cholesterol levels – a month at least of rehabilitation to allow the regeneration of our reliable and required organs.

Readily shall I now remove my ridiculous and reprehensible fixation with the letter R and let me simply add that this morning’s breakfast is simply delightful – better than any reputable restaurant – and I relish every moment of it!

PS: Pictures of the breakfast will be up soon - just as soon as I figure out what is wrong with my server... cheers!

No comments: