Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Rakyat: Time is Ripe for Samy to pack up and leave

I do not presume to speak for the people, but rather this is a parody for the article by The Star entitled Samy: Time not ripe for Barisan to be a single party

Dear Mr Samy, I think your quote that "In today’s political situation, such an action will dilute the rights of the Indian community" is hollow and severely out of touch. This political situation has successfully dispelled the double edged sword that is racial politics - I think that the Indian community is well represented in the Barisan Rakyat ranks.

I further quote from the article " the smaller communities like the Indians still had to fight for their rights and this could only be done through MIC." This does shows how out of touch he is! Does the MIC have any claim that they and they alone have monopoly over the voice of the Indian community? Or rather the baton has passed to multi-racial parties like PKR or DAP?

Of all the noises coming out of BN - I am most heartened by Gerakan - echoing its call for BN to be a singular multi-racial party (as was in their AGM earlier). So what now for Gerakan if the old coalition structure remain? Would Gerakan leave BN? That is an interesting for the honourable Dr Koh to chew on. (I am still impressed on his composure and handling of the Penang handover)

In the end, I just could not resist - just a thought - maybe the people of Kepong should suggest that the MRR2 elevated highway should change its name to Lebuhraya Dr Michael Jeyakumar Devaraj. *grin*

PS: For my friends - I know that this blog is fast becoming a political rag - I promise to put up other related news and hope that we will go back to my regular staple of piccies :). Cheers!

No comments: