Thursday, August 23, 2007

...Through Heathrow in different eyes

The bane of all travellers...
A zone of paranoid security,
A locale of smug, petty power hungry more British than the British immigrant officers,
A mad disorganised chaotic nightmare...
Heathrow Airport

But this time I travel through this place via different eyes...

On the way back from my brief (although not altogether happy) respite in the Mediterrainean - swinging through the most 'stoic' and classical of cities - Athens, then the raw volcanic beauty tempered by romantic quaintness that is Santorini, ending with the bustling Renaissance city of Venice... I finally got what I wanted...
The claiming of points for an upgrade to Business Class...

And it make hell a lot of difference...
Check-in in less than 15 minutes (instead of the usual 1 hour)
Whizzing thru security in 10 minutes (instead of the usual 30 minutes)
Now having internet access from the lounge...
(This is despite the fact I landed into London at 2pm plus and having so little time (even to enter London to visit favourite haunts and friends - waited for check-in for 4 hours)
For once, I actually enjoy going through Heathrow...

But it is with a rather depressed attitude and mood that I am flying directly into a storm brewing in Malaysia - @ work, @ home and personally...

But nevertheless - I am going to savour all I can from these 14 hours... *grin*

No comments: