Friday, December 30, 2005

...Ticking Time Bomb

I have just realised one very succint fact in my life here in Malaysia - I am a ticking time bomb - waiting to go off at anytime...

I do not like the responsibilities I am saddled with here in Malaysia - yet the public opinion is that I have no responsibilities...

My work is mind-bogling, quite hard and totally irritating (due to lack of processes, order and banging heads with everyone else) - yet as I am supposedly 'my own boss' it is perceived as easy, laid back and even dismissed...

I frequently have to make plans on the fly, contend with shifting plans and timetables - yet when that happens I was previously accused of excluding peoples...

I try to keep in touch with many friends from myriad groups - yet being accused by all sides for not spending enough time with all of them...

I have a family that nips at my heels - putting me in an undesired and unwanted position back here in Malaysia - yet not understand that I need my space, my time and my hobbies to keep me sane...

I am in a country where some drivers are rude, some people are shallow with a total lack of civic pride, some clients are pushy and annoying...

I am here almost 1/2 the world away from my dearest, of which I only see once every couple of months max, of which I have to keep track of the time difference and schedules.... yet I am expected to be content...

I am a ticking time bomb waiting to explode - cross me not fair peoples, for I shall cross swords with thee... anger me not, for the wick is already burning...

I am a ticking time bomb...

No comments: