Saturday, July 04, 2009

A quiet morning...

Yes, yes... I know - its has been a good five months or so since I hit the blog and wrote a few words...

But I feel that today is the day to do it.

Before I continue with my own ramblings - I would like to wish journey mercies to my friend Kelvin, half of the We Deed It duo who will be leaving to join Jon - who incidentally is already in one of my favourite countries - Scotland! :) I wish you guys well in your trip ahead - Another 480 days more around the world. And I do hope that somewhere along the way - I will be able to join you guys! To be honest I am very envious!

Now, back to where I am at the moment...

Today is a quiet morning - for with the exception of the tapping of my keyboard, not a word or sound to be heard. The scene outside the window - a scene of typical Singaporean suburbia, with laundry flapping in tandem with trees to the rhythm of the breeze in the bright sunlight - seems almost unreal. Nothing else seems to move. It was as if the world stood still to let me lay out my thoughts.

It has been a hectic and trying time for me and I would say my family. There has been some major upheaval in the business end and I truly wonder if we have bitten off more than what we can chew - but that is another story for another time and another day.

At this moment - what I have to say is that, all things considered, I am well and truly blessed. Blessed with friends that care, family that love. Blessed with many things in life, traveled to more places than most...

As a bird begin to chirp outside the window to accompany the tippity-tap of the keyboard and I see the gentle rise and fall of the creature in slumber (of which I am truly blessed to have her). I am blessed with a quiet morning...

No comments: