Monday, February 02, 2009

...Thinking about an old and absent friend...

Its 3am and I have just had a sudden bout of wakefulness - was having a fitfull and restless sleep throughout this still and silent night.

I has been a weird night - with me recalling an old old friend I have not seen for almost 10 years (excepting roughly an hour around 5 years ago). It was a friend I used to have deep feelings for, my oldest friend...

I used to have daily conversations with her - even when we were overseas. Those phone calls dwindled with time - to weekly, forthnightly... monthly, quaterly and yearly over the years. Then one day, around 3 years ago - she dropped off the air and the internet. Almost as if she wished to disappear and forget her past.

I do not know why I suddenly remember you, my friend - I just hope that you are well and safe. And that your old friend here, who has known you for more than 20 years, prays for you...

No comments: