Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Centrist...

Well, it has been a hectic week - of running around (like a headless chicken, I might add...) for work as well as... more work, albeit of a different kind.

It is today, of all days that I have realised a role that I have been constantly called to play, be it at work, at home, with friends and on special projects.

That is the role of a centrist - and I am using the word liberally. Not so much so as a centrist in politics (although I believe my views merit me a slightly right of the center position) But rather a centrist in the sense of the person steering the center course.

I think that has made me almost like a moderator in many issues between many of my contemporaries, ranging from between my parents, my friends or between business partners. It is not a role that I relish, as I feel constantly caught in between... *sigh*

But I hope God gives me strength... if this is the role I have to play...

No comments: