Friday, February 15, 2008

Plague on both your houses...

It is kinda sad to say that as elections approach, I have increasingly been feeling shortchanged - by the simple fact that I am in this electorate...

I yearn to be in the electorate in the United States - whose ideas, ideals and issues driven race - even in the choosing of the party nominee excites me. I yearn to be in the electorate of Australia, where an orderly transition from one party to the next shows a generational change... All sadly absent in this country

Choosing in this upcoming election - is almost impossible as I am now faced with the choice between the devil and the deep blue sea...

On one side is a government that has indeed brought success and development to this nation I love - but has lost credibility in my eyes - especially with the announcement of the dissolution of parliament - after outright denial that it would do so. Such a behaviour had indeed left me feel deceived.

But on the other side, is an opposition - that neither have the ability or credibility to govern. In my eyes they are neither tested to lead or show a slightest hint that they will be able to deliver except to rattle the bushes and be an opposition.

*sigh*
My mind is definately not made up - and I think so are many other Malaysians out there... so shame on the both of you...

No comments: