Thursday, November 15, 2007

Dubious Food?...

While slowly exploring the night scene along the Bund (Pudong side) in Shanghai in my recent trip - my eye caught what I would best describe as a 'dubious' food establishment...

In actual fact, according to my colleague, it is a famous HK dessert place - called Hui Lau Shan (or Xu Liu Shan in mandarin) - however the lack of maintenance on the sign makes it a much more sinister place.




I LAU SHAI??? OMG!!! (Hokkien for I am going to get the sh*ts)

Fear traverse down my spine, and a cold cold feeling crept up my back (which incidentally was a cold gust of wind...) Girding my heart, we trundled up the path to meet our destiny... Shakesphere comes to my head...

To Lau Shai or NOT to Lau Shai - that is the question...

*In actual fact, the food there was perfectly nice, perfectly hygienic & perfectly safe...* *grin*

Photograph taken at night, Pudong (South) Bund, Shanghai, China

No comments: